By Bailey VenJohn
Staff Reporter

The Lady Builders fought hard against Southwestern Christian University, but fell short. (Alyssa Richardson/Collegian photographer)

Something was missing this Saturday afternoon from the women’s soccer team. Sydnie Lowther, freshman left side forward, said that communication just wasn’t there.

The Lady Builders suffered a 2-0 loss to the Eagles of Southwestern Christian University. SCU came in with a record of 1-1-1 and just came off of a tie against Saint Gregory’s University.

The Lady Builders got off to a rough start as Miranda White of Southwestern Christian scored the first goal of the game with 19:54 to go in the first half. Rebecca Ford followed up with the second and last goal of the game with 14:49 left in the first.

Lauren Strain, sophomore goalie, said”Everything needs to be improved for the next game but in particularly we need to work on coming out stronger.”

Although the team lost, Strain said the team is really starting to gel, not just off the field but on it as well.

Lowther, disappointed by the loss, said the team just needs to move on from the mistakes and keep looking forward.

Southwestern now has a record of 2-1.

Bailey VenJohn is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.