By Alissa Sheppard

If you want food that tastes like it was made individually for you, then you are at the right place. The crisp white table cloths with fresh flowers at the center, low lighting and relaxing music is what welcomes you as you walk through the doors of Kathryn’s.

Owner Robert Lattimore has always worked with food. As a child, his father owned a restaurant so he learned how to cook at a young age. During his teenage years, Lattimore worked for a top chef at an Italian restaurant.

The menu covers a wide variety of foods, with appetizers like hummus and pita to crab cakes, which range from five to $7. Delicious entrées including sirloin for $13, ribeye for $16 and grilled chicken for $10. There are many pasta options and sandwiches in many choices from hot ham and cheese to bubba’s steak and range. There is also a daily special, which is a little more costly. Lattimore says a special is a special because it is special, and they are very different from the menu items and take a little more time.

The food is prepared exclusively for the patron, and although that is a good thing, it is the only downfall about Kathryn’s.  Lattimore is the only chef, and it takes a little longer for the food to come out than one would like. However, the food is amazing, and well worth the wait. It makes me think I am eating a home cooked meal.

Kathryn’s is open Saturday through Tuesday 6 am to 2 pm and Wednesday through Friday 6 am to 9 pm. They offer catering and call-ins, bakery items, and they are equipped with a full bar. If you have time to wait, and want something delicious to eat, try Kathryn’s. It is located on the corner of 9th and Main.

Alissa Sheppard is a senior majoring in communication, you may contact her at alissa.sheppard@sckans.edu.