The Lady Builder volleyball team went up against Kansas Wesleyan University Oct. 18 for the dig pink game as a part of breast cancer awareness month.

The Lady Builders unfortunately lost all three sets, 25-14, 25-4, and 25-11. The team now has a 3-20 record, 1-12 in Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference play.

The Lady Coyotes came into this game with an impressive record of 17-8, 11-1 in KCAC play.

The top players for Kansas Wesleyan included Kelsey Boyles, Leah Keller, and Breanna Schultz.

Kindell Copeland, senior setter, has a dislocated shoulder causing her to watch from the sidelines, unsure of when she will be back on the court. “I’m working to get back as soon as possible,” said Copeland.

Donnie Wallace, head coach said, “It’s tough because our offense is based off of timing, so not having a month to get fully prepared and comfortable with our new setter definitely hurt us tonight.”

Kaley Rodriguez, junior defensive specialist said, “We definitely just need to build confidence and know that we can do it going into next week.”

The Lady Builders’ next game will be at 7 p.m. on Oct. 24 against Friends University.

“With a full week of practice ahead of us, it will be complete with reps on reps on reps. Hopefully we will try to get some of our swagger back,” said Wallace.

Alyssa Richardson is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at alyssa.richardson@sckans.edu.