After another tough loss to Sterling, the women’s basketball team lost to Kansas Wesleyan University Thursday by a score of 92-66. The loss dropped the Lady Builders to 7-3 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference and 14-5 overall.

Southwestern still holds the third spot in the KCAC standings, but this loss helps the Coyotes tie for the number one spot in the conference with a 9-1 KCAC record.

The first-half the game never went one way. The Lady Builders led at halftime by a score of 41-39, but the second-half told a different story. Kansas Wesleyan would end up grabbing the lead, and never looking back.

The Coyotes proved to be a very good basketball team both offensively, and defensively. They hit 50.9 percent of their shots, and the Coyotes would also dominate shooting 75.9 percent from the line. Kansas Wesleyan also would go on to out-rebound the Builders 45-32.

Southwestern just could not keep up with Kansas Wesleyan’s shooting during the second-half, shooting 39.7 percent on the night and hitting 25 percent from beyond the arch. They would however have a decent night shooting 50 percent from the line.

Brett Bates, junior guard, and Zefiryn Bryan, freshman forward, would end up both scoring 16 points on the night. Tylar Hartfield, senior forward, contributed 15 points and snatched nine rebounds.
The Builder’s next game tips off at 5 p.m. Saturday in Wilson Field House at Ottawa University.

Erica Dunigan is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at erica.dunigan@sckans.edu