By Raul Orozco

ABOVE: Jefferson Cook, business administration junior, has been named the KCAC Men’s Golfer of the Week on April 6. He holds the first place trophy and also helped lead the team to finish first as well. (Contributed photo)

This week’s KCAC Golf Player of the Week has been awarded to Jefferson Cook, business administration junior, after his first-place finish at the SC Spring Classic tournament.

“I feel great about winning the award, it is something that I have been working towards,” Cook said.

Cook finished the SC Spring Classic with a score of 157, edging out his teammate Cooper Spears, sports management senior, by two points as they won the tournament as a team.

Bill Stinson, men’s and women’s head golf coach said, “It’s very deserving as he has been playing at a high level and he is really starting to get into his game.”

Both believe that the award will help boost team morale, especially after coming off the tournament win.

Stinson said that he feels other players on the team will be inspired by Cook’s award and will be looking to make their own name known.

Cook said he will continue playing to the best of his ability and is hoping to keep everything smooth and playing for pars.

“There are a lot of good golfers in our conference and to be recognized as the player of the week is an honor,” Cook said.

The men’s team will resume play on April 12 and 13 at the U.C. Ferguson Classic in Oklahoma City.