Students will gather to bring different cultures together for one day at 5 p.m. on April 10 in the cafeteria. The International Club will hold their yearly International Cuisine.

Each year the international students make different types of food that they would prepare back home. “The international students are able to represent their countries by bringing different cultures and food from their homelands,” said Lai-L Clemons, director of campus life.

There will be four different sections in the cafeteria that students can go to that will represent the different cultures here on campus. They range from the American section, Mexico, Chinese, African, and there will also be a small section for Ethiopian foods.

Isaac Chua, philosophy & religious studies junior, said that the Chinese section will also include an Asian and Japan table.

Students are able to taste a variety of different foods from these cultures. “There will be Indian Currie, pigs feet, peanut butter spinach, different types of noodles, rice, and a lot more,” said Rutendo Jokomo, biology sophomore.

Along with different types of food, students will be able to experience different aspects from each culture. “SC Campus Players will perform. We’re having a variety of music playing from different countries,” said Jokomo. “Also students in the International Club will dress in their different attires that they would wear back home, and also there will be decorations that represent the different countries.”

Along with the cuisine there will be a table set up to take donations for Japan.

“It’s important to help others that are in need,” said Jokomo. “With some students being from there, or know others from there it’s important to show that we care, and what a better day then we get to share our culture with the community and students.”

Chua, who is from Singapore, and Jokomo, who is from Zimbabwe, have helped put together the International Cuisine every year since being at Southwestern.

“Not only does this bring the different cultures together on campus, but it also brings the community to campus for one day,” said Clemons.

Erica Dunigan is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at erica.dunigan@sckans.edu