By Kaleb Vining

As finals approach the student body, the seasonal festivities are ramping up. The campus scavenger hunt is scheduled as an all-day event on Nov. 19 and will take place all around campus.

Leadership SC will be hosting this event, and the goal is to find nine purple bricks that have been hidden around campus. The bricks will be hidden before 8 a.m. on Nov. 19. If you find a stone, take it to Anjaih Clemons’ office to collect your reward. The stones will not be hidden in the parking lot or the mound on campus.

The scavenger hunt is new on campus and is part of a joint effort between Leadership SC and the Service Learning Council and student life services. Brae Wood, director of leadership, said that they have had to be creative to find ways for them to have fun during the current pandemic.

This year has really been a collective effort to keep everyone healthy to maintain a normal school year. These events are just part of what makes the college so great. Members of Leadership SC said that they had shown great initiative through these trying times, and their creativity is helping them find events for everyone to enjoy.

“My leadership team loves to serve in different ways, so I thought my leadership team should take this day. Covid has interrupted some of their normal plans, so they loved an opportunity to serve their campus,” said Wood.

Not only is this new on campus, but they will continue to evaluate how the week goes to see if this will be something that they can continue to do in years to come. The initiative that the students have been taking during this pandemic has been a tremendous effort.

Justin Lamatsch, sophomore member, said Leadership SC and other campus organizations are really trying their best to give the student body events to be excited for. This week will have many events and allow students to have a little fun before they leave for break.

The college will follow up this week’s festivities with the 9 Lives Holiday Show on Nov. 20 at 9 p.m. in Messenger Auditorium here on campus. Then on Nov. 21, from 7-8 p.m. at Island Park, this week’s festivities will come to a close with the Isle of Lights Tour. The Isle of Lights will be opened exclusively for SC students as a way of saying thank you to all of those who participated in the service work this past weekend.