By Jonathan Woon

On the second day of Christmas, Southwestern gave to me—a free night at the movie. Campus Life kicked off SC Christmas Nov. 29 and this year is pack full of activities and the chance to win prizes.

Monday there were sign-ups for Secret Santa. Activities like the tree lighting ceremony, bingo and finals massages have become traditions. A few new activities will be added to the mix this year. Karaoke will fill College Hill Coffee on Friday Dec. 3. Students are encouraged to dress for the men’s and women’s basketball games Dec. 9 for Tacky Christmas Sweater Night.

Brandon Hessing, director of Student Foundation, said, “We are working very hard ahead of time to ensure that we put up a great Christmas celebration for the Southwestern community.” STUFU and SGA executives started preparing in early October. “They have been meeting up regularly and just recently discussed about prizes for Bingo Night. I heard about a PS3 and an iPad for Bingo Night.”

Michelle Vasquez, nursing senior, said, “We are excited to begin the 12 days of Christmas events and hope to bring the sense and feel of the holiday season here on campus.”

Although students expect prizes, Lai-L Clemons, director of Campus Life, said, “The main idea of having this is to encourage relationship growth and to strengthen the relationship bond among the faculty, staff and students in the Southwestern community.”

Jonathan Woon is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at jonathan.woon@sckans.edu.