The Greenhouse is now open for this year’s blooming season. Petunia purple waves are $1.50 per pot. (Daegiona Wilson, Staff photographer)Southwestern College’s Greenhouse is located behind Beech Science Center. The Greenhouse is open to the public. (Daegiona Wilson, Staff photographer)The Greenhouse will be open to the public throughout the summer. Petunia Dreams are 2.95 per pot. (Daegiona Wilson, Staff photographer)The Greenhouse houses bloomed plants, and those that are still blooming. Plants and flowers, are separated from vegetables. (Daegiona Wilson, Staff photographer)A variety of flowers and vegetable’s is for sale at the Greenhouse. Vinca Mega Bloom Pink is $2.95 per pot. (Daegiona Wilson, Staff photographer)Listed are the prices for plants located in the Greenhouse. Prices vary throughout the season. (Daegiona Wilson, Staff photographer)The Greenhouse is open Monday-Saturday. Hours include, 9 a.m.- noon and 1-4 p.m. Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.- noon Sat. (Daegiona Wilson, Staff photographer)

Southwestern College’s GreenHouse is officially open for this growing season. Hours consist of Monday-Friday 9 a.m.- noon, 1 p.m.- 4 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.- noon. (Daegiona Wilson/ Staff photographer)

By RJay McCoy

Spring is in. The Greenhouse is open for all your plant needs Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to noon in the morning and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the afternoon. Regarding weekends, the Greenhouse is open Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon.

Faculty, staff, and students are all subject to a 10% discount when purchasing from the Greenhouse. Although, you may need to remind them of who you are with a mask on.

Max Thompson, Greenhouse supervisor, runs the Greenhouse along with some student help, he says that the most purchased item has to be the tomatoes.

“I didn’t come today looking for anything special, but I did come looking for tomatoes,” said Jolene Sartin, resident of Cedarvale.

Savannah Joldersma is one of the three work-study workers that help out in the Greenhouse.

“I feel you get into a better space mentally when taking care of the plants we’ve got it here at the Greenhouse,” said Savannah Joldersma, marine biology senior.

Stop by the Greenhouse during business hours to see Max or his student help for all your green thumb needs.

“The Greenhouse will be open for the next week before closing for summer,” said Max Thompson.