The Builder golf teams returned to action March 18 and 19, hosting the annual South Central Kansas Spring Invitational. The men’s team finished second out of 12 teams, and the Lady Builders ended up fourth of eight.

Hannah Mason, biology sophomore, led the Lady Builder golf team to a fourth place finish by placing first overall. Mason finished with 81-76 card and was one of two golfers to card a 76.

“I thought the tournament went well,” said Mason. “Our team shot some low numbers and improved from the first day.”

Jackie McCauley, business administration junior, placed behind Mason with 87-79=166. Alyssa Richardson, communication sophomore, followed in 11th place with 169 total strokes.

Brenna Truhe, accounting freshman, trailed with a card of 118-106=224. MaryBeth Bryant, biology freshman, placed last for the Lady Builder team in the 45th spot.

The Lady Builders carded 365-351=716. Dakota Wesleyan took the women’s invitational with a team score of 678.

The Southwestern men’s golf team ended up in second place with 303-301=604.

Shane Gilbert, business administration sophomore, and Seth Bryan, business management freshman, tied with each other for third place. Gilbert and Bryan posted cards of 148 strokes. They were the two best Builders for the invitational.

Bobby Weidner, business administration senior, ended 79-74=153. Justin Churchill, business freshman, followed Weidner with two more strokes.

Jake Henson, business management sophomore, came up after with a card of 85-74=159. Luke Arneson, accounting junior, finished in 40th place posting strokes of 82-83=165.

Last place for the Builder golf was for Kyle Branine, business administration freshman. Branine posted numbers 86-80=166 and finished in 42nd spot.

The men’s golf team came eight stokes short to first place Bethany. The Swedes took the men’s invitational with a total of 596 strokes.

The women’s team will return back to the course on March 25 at the Bluebonnet Classic in Grand Prairie, Texas. On the other hand, the men’s team will continue back to action next week, March 31, when they travel to Newton to play the Bethel Spring Invitational.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.