The golf season is almost over. Only one tournament is left which is the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship at Buffalo Dunes Golf Course, Garden City. The championship will take place April 30.

Seven teams will be competing for the 2012 spring championship. Bethany College, Bethel College, and Friends University are going to be in the championship. Among other teams are Kansas Wesleyan, Ottawa University Braves, Sterling College and the Builders.

The Moundbuilders are currently ranked 23 in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics. The rankings were held on April 18.

The Builders will arrive to the championship with four invitationals played on their record. For the Swede Invitational on March 5, they ended first out of 11 teams. Then for their next meet traveled to Forth Worth, Texas, to play the 2012 UST Mamiya Texas Intercollegiate Invitational and ended in 11th place out of 14 teams.

On their last two invitational tournaments, the 2012 South Central Kansas Spring Invitational hosted by the Builders and the Bethel College Spring Invitational, they ended up first and third respectively.

The Builders will try and repeat what they accomplished last season, finishing first place in the KCAC and winning the championship tournament.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.