After a great season last year, the men’s golf team has a lot to live up to. They finished last year with a four tournament conference, bringing home the KCAC Conference championship title. Raleigh Hughes, business marketing junior, received recognition as Player of the Year.
“Last season was a great year and this year’s team looks to be just as good if not better,” said Hughes.
The men’s team is larger this year, boasting 10 players, five of which are new to Southwestern. Transfers Cale O’Hair, Billy Stone, and Dylan Porter are welcome additions to the roster. Daniel Diaz and Luke Arneson will take their first swings as freshmen at the team’s first tournament on Sept. 20 at the South Central Kansas Fall Invitational at the Winfield Country Club.  
“What we lost last year in graduating seniors we have gained in this year’s experienced sophomores and juniors,” said Brad Sexson, head golf coach.
The women’s team is looking forward to a new season. Sexson said last year was a time of rebuilding for the women, but this season, key players have been added and the team is solid. The team consists of two experienced players, Kaydee Johnson and Courtney Huppert, and six freshmen, Catie Bahret, Hannah Watkins, Jacquelyn McCauley, Jessica Kurth, Megan Summers, and Natalie Eldridge.
“I think since there are a lot of freshmen and we know each other pretty well, there’s a lot of room for relationships,” said Natalie Eldridge, business freshman.
Erin Morris is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at erin.morris@sckans.edu