By Taylor Posey

Securing their second win of the season, the Builders took first out of seven teams in the Wildcat Fall Invitational at the Fire Keeper Golf Course finishing eight shots ahead of the competition. As a team, the Builders finished with a two day total of 597 with a 296 on day one and a 301 on day two.

Shane Gilbert, business administration freshman, finished first by six strokes with a two day total of 140. On day one he shot a 73 and one day two he shot a 67.
“Taking first at a tournament, we have been able to set the bar high for the rest of the season. It gave me a big confidence booster,” said Gilbert.

Tied at third place with scores of 147 were Bobby Weidner, business administration senior, and Seth Bryant, business management freshman.

Out of the four years he has played for the Builders, Weidner has never played at Fire Keeper. Weidner said, “The course was very nice, I played my best holes on the front nine and back nine.”

Rounding out the tournament for the Builders was Justin Churchill, business administration freshman, shooting a 163. Luke Arneson, accounting junior, shot a 169.

Tim Jasper, assistant golf coach, said, “The competition at the Wildcat Invitational was the same at the Brave Invitational last week. The teams in the Brave Invitational were teams from our conference, so it was nice to play in a tournament with new teams.”

The Builders will be in action in the South Central Kansas Fall Invitational at the Winfield Country Club Oct. 22.

Taylor Posey is a junior majoring in Communication. You can email her at taylor.posey@sckans.edu.