By Raul Orozco

The Builder men and women’s golf teams competed at the College of the Ozarks Classic in Branson, Mo this week.

The men placed sixth out of 11 while the women placed seventh out of seven.

On the men’s side, Jefferson Cook, business administration junior, placed fourth individually with a total score of 153. He was followed by his teammates Cooper Spierce, business senior, and Khord Vining, business junior, with scores of 162 and 163.

Bill Stinson, head men’s and women’s golf coach, said “The first day there was 30 mile and hour winds, so it was just a terrible day to play. Khord and Cooper played much better their second days.”

On the women’s side, Lauren Sieh, communication senior, led the team in seventh place with a score of 178. Peyton Timmerman, elementary education graduate, followed closely behind, as she tied for 12th place with a score of 181.

Jordyn Lane, elementary education freshman, scored a 205 placing her in 34th place. She said that she could’ve played better but the Ozarks National course is one of the hardest courses she’s ever played. “I’m excited to get into the next tournament and ready to start performing my best.

Stinson said that the men’s team perform well, especially since they beat the only other KCAC school in the tournament, Ottawa University. As for the women’s side he said that it is the ladies’ first tournament and they will find their game in the upcoming weeks.

The men’s and women’s team will be competing in the KCAC #1 tournament in Broken Arrow, Okla. Next week on the 22nd and 23rd.