By Kyle Killgore

Beat up is a main theme, going into the next week of play for Southwestern’s men’s basketball team with four key players out.

“We are going to grind it out,” said head coach Matt O’Brien, “our team motto is embrace the grind and I think we’ve done that.”

The Builders have a busy week, playing Monday, Wednesday, and again on Saturday. With four key players out, Southwestern will have to look for more of the same from Chris Nelson, junior forwards and Travis Thurau, senior forward.

In the previous two games Nelson has posted big numbers on the score sheet finishing with 20 points against Mid America Christian College, and 30 points against Ozark Christian College.

“I just tried to stay aggressive,” said Nelson.

Thurau is coming off a brilliant game against Ozark Christian College where he gathered 13 rebounds, and had 10 points.

Ethan Randolphe, junior forward, who did so well in the first few games of the season, is temporarily sidelined with an ankle injury, from the game against MACU.

Currently the Builders are shooting less than 60% free-throws possibly their biggest setback going further into the season. “We really need to shoot better from the free-throw line and stay disciplined,” said O’Brien.

The Builders will travel to Kansas City to take on Cavalry Christian College Monday, Nov. 15. They will play at home again on Wednesday against Manhattan Christian College, in the Stewart Field House at 8 p.m.

Kyle Killgore is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at kyle.killgore@sckans.edu