By Taylor Forrest
Copy Editor

It’s not every day that a former United States president makes a visit to the famously dubbed, “flyover states,” let alone Kansas. But at the end of November, former President Bill Clinton will click his heels and get to Kansas in no time.

The Robert J. Dole Institute of Politics at the University of Kansas has selected Clinton to receive the 2015 Dole Leadership Prize. The award will be presented to Clinton at the Lied Center on the University of Kansas at 1 p.m. Monday, Nov. 23.

Tickets are currently sold out, with a waiting list tacked on top of that, but the event will also be live streamed at DoleInstitute.org.

The prestigious award is distributed annually to an individual or group that performs public service leadership that inspires other. Former President George H.W. Bush is the only other former United States President to receive the award.

Clinton served as the 42nd president of the United States and after he left office he established the Clinton Foundation with the purpose to improve global health, strength economies, promote health and wellness, and protect the environment.

Taylor Forrest is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may email her at taylor.forrest@sckans.edu.