Managing Editor

Brady May, junior quarterback, ran the ball for 132 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Builders to a 38-12 rout of Haskell Indian Nations University Saturday evening in Lawrence. The non-conference win puts the team above .500 with a 3-2 overall record. It also gives the Builders their first two-game winning streak since the 2009-2010 season.

Jordan Barrett, senior quarterback, tossed a 12-yard touchdown pass to Ceth Bannister, junior wide receiver, to give the Builders a 7-6 with 9:11 remaining in the first quarter.

From there, the team put up 31 unanswered points, including touchdown runs of 29 and 36 yards for May. The offense never let up, racking up 538 total yards compared to 182 by Haskell.

Behind May, Tanner Strohl, sophomore running back, was the second Builder to break 100 yards on the ground, gaining 119 on 19 carries. He also scored on a two-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.

Jordan Barrett led the team in passing, completing 11-21 for 140 yards and two touchdowns. Bannister had a big night for the receiving core, catching seven passes for 90 yards and a touchdown.

The Builders take on conference foe Ottawa University next Saturday at 7 p.m. for the final evening game of the season.

Clinton Dick is a senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.