Sports editor

The Builders are struggling in the conference as they run into a two-game loss streak. They were unable to beat Friends University Saturday night. The game ended 81-53, far from the Nov. 29 game between the two teams. That game ended 57-54 in overtime in favor of the the Falcons.

The Falcons were always on top of the score. When the clock marked 13:21 left in the first half, the Builders were two points down 9-7. That was the closest they got. Nine minutes later, the Falcons doubled the difference 23-19.

Halftime in the Garvey Center displayed the Falcons going to the lockers with an eight-point lead.

As soon as the second half started, the Falcons took off the close game with a 20 point difference in the scoreboard. And with 4:56 remaining for the final buzzer, the Builders were down by 71-46.

The game ended with almost a 30 point difference 81-53. This is the second most separate score difference for the Builders. The first one was by 41 points against Emporia State on Dec. 15.

The Builders out-rebounded the Falcons 34-31 with Vincent Folston, junior forward, rebounding seven times.

Cameron Clark, freshman forward, led the Builders with 10 points. Michael Morales, senior forward, and Taylor Johnson, freshman guard, both put up eight points for the Builders.

The Builders had 17-45 field goals and 6-14 three point shots. They ended in 76.5 percent in free throws making 13 out of 17.

With this loss, the Builders stand 5-5 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference and 14-7 overall. The team will try to get back into the right path on Jan. 23 when they travel to Salina to face Kansas Wesleyan. The Coyotes stand 2-8 in the KCAC.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.