By Erik Johnson

Builder floats, career fair, and organization floats.  Those three things will be in the Homecoming

Parade Oct. 8.  The career fair and Builder floats will be at 11 a.m. in the Java Jinx on Oct. 7.

Kevin Rodgers, physical performance senior, is a member of Student Foundation. “Builder Floats are a key tradition to the Homecoming week. It’s a mixture of many ice creams and pretty much whatever you want in it. It’s not your ordinary root beer float,” said Rodgers. “It helps persuade students to come out to career fair.

The Homecoming parade begins 9:30 a.m. on Oct. 8 at the corner of 15th Ave. and Main St. Morgan Constantine, digital arts senior, is the president of Student Foundation. “The parade is for all the organizations on campus and everyone does a float and it’s a competition on who decorates the float best according to the theme. It is a tradition of Homecoming to have the parade every year. It’s a good way to get the community involved and help get the students out in the community as well. It’s always a lot of fun and a big success.”

The floats that are in the parade are made to support an organization or athletic sport. The floats are then judged and then the best one is winner. Rodgers said, “It’s a good way to get the community to come out and support the group or sport you’re in. If you have a nice float and leave a good impression the people will remember and come out and support. Hopefully we have another great crowd like we have had in the past.”

Erik Johnson is a freshman majoring in communication you may email him at erik.johnson@sckans.edu.