The Lady Builders extended their win streak to eight Saturday evening in Hillsboro by knocking off the Lady Blue Jays 73-35.

The Lady Builders grabbed an early lead and never looked back. From 11:54 to 5:41 in the first half, they went on a 13-2 scoring run that put them up by 16. The lead would extend to 20 at halftime 37-17.

The second half saw much of the same as the Lady Builders outscored Tabor 23-10 in the first 9:57, putting the game out of reach 60-27.

The Lady Builders held Tabor to just 27.7 percent from the field. The Lady Blue Jays also struggled with turnovers, committing 31.

Brett Bates, senior guard, led all scorers with 12 points. Kaitlin Tennyson, sophomore guard, connected on three three-point shots and put up nine points. Tennyson, along with Madison Martens, freshman forward, snagged six rebounds to lead the Lady Builders on a night where they outrebounded their opponent 48-29.

The win keeps the team at the top of the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference with a record of 15-5 overall and 9-1 in conference play.

Southwestern’s next game will tip off at 6 p.m. Thursday against the Sterling College Lady Warriors in Stewart Field House. The game is a rematch of a game early this year where the Lady Builders prevailed 75-70 in Sterling.

Clinton Dick is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.