Caption: Junior pitcher, Justin Lamatsch, comes off the field after being relieved by Tyler Boyett. The Moundbuilders lost against No. 6 Oklahoma Wesleyan, April 29 for the final home game of the season. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)

Tyler Boyett, freshman pitcher, delivers the pitch to home. He came into relief Justin Lamatsch pitching one and two-thirds of an inning. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)Cody Carpenter, senior outfielder, pops up untouched stealing second base. Carpenter went one for four at the plate for the day. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)Donovan McMullen, senior first baseman, records the unassisted play at first. McMullen went on for three at the plate, scoring a run as well. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)kiesslooksatbatJustin Lamatsch, junior pitcher, focuses in on home to get the signs. Lamatsch pitched two and two thirds of an inning. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)London Penland, sophomore infielder, rounds first base on ball hit to the outfield. Penland’s first day back out at the field he went one for three at the plate with a run batted in and a scored run. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)Jason Bray, junior utility player, takes a hack at an incoming pitch. Bray ended up going hitless at the plate for the day. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)Landon Tinsman, junior catcher, receives a pitch. Tinsman did his job behind the dish, ended up going 0-for-2 at the plate. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)Infielders Ethan White and London Penland both go for a lazy pop up. White ended up catching it despite the collision (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)Ethan White, senior infielder, fields the ground ball clean and throws to first. White went 1-for-2 at the plate for the day also scoring a run. (RJay McCoy/Staff Photographer)

By RJay McCoy

The Builder Baseball team ended their 2020-21 home stand with a 17-4 loss in 8 innings coming from No. 6 Oklahoma Wesleyan on April 29, dropping the Builders 18-21 overall, 13-17 in conference.

Jor’don Bolt-Jackson, freshman pitcher got the mid-week start for the Builders. His first start of the year did not go well giving up seven earned runs in two innings of work.

The Builders scored one in the bottom of the first via a London Penland homerun and two in the bottom of the second via a Jared Kiessling homerun with Donovan McMullen on.

Jared Kiessling, senior infielder, gives his feeling after the two-run home run in the bottom of the second.

“It was a cool moment; to be able to get a homerun in my last home game was special. After working on that field the past three years, it was a special way to end it,” he said.

The Builders go scoreless until the sixth inning, Ethan White scores on a catcher error cutting the lead to 13-4.

Oklahoma Wesleyan scored four more runs before winning the game 17-4.

Chris Carpenter, a senior outfielder, reflects on how the team did on the day.

“It’s always exciting to play a team of that caliber at your home field especially for your last game at home. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the outcome we wanted but the team did the best it could,” said Carpenter.