By Cameron Siefkes

Casting director Donna Isaacson struck comedy gold when she decided to put Tina Fey and Steve Carell in “Date Night.”

The movie, which was released April 9, is currently at number three in the box office and has grossed $48 million.

Also joining Carell and Fey are Mark Wahlberg, Taraji P. Henson, Leighton Meester, Kristen Wiig, Mark Ruffalo, James Franco and Mila Kunis. Each character makes a nice addition to the cast.

Simplicity would be the best way to describe the storyline. Phil and Clair Foster are a married couple from New Jersey with two children and are stuck in their daily routines. Once a week they have a date night, which consists of a dinner at the same restaurant with the same meal.

After learning that some of their closest friends are divorcing they decide it is time to turn things around. They get all dressed up and go out to the newest hotspot in New York City, Claw. A mistake is made though when they do not have a reservation and the host treats them like crap. While waiting at the bar hoping to get a table, they see a hostess looking for a couple by the name of Triplehorn. Phil makes a snap decision that they are the Triplehorns for the evening after no one is claiming to be them and they get seated. In the middle of their very expensive meal they are confronted by two scary looking men who force them into the alley behind the restaurant. The Fosters oblige thinking that they are in trouble for stealing someone’s reservation.

The men tell the couple that they have to give up the flash drive. The Fosters of course have no clue what they are talking about, so they make-up a story that the drive is in Central Park, so that they can try to get out of the situation.

From here the mayhem and hilarity ensues. I won’t tell you the rest, but instead just say that you should go see it for yourself.

The storyline isn’t all laughs and action-packed. It focuses on a couple and what can happen to a relationship when two people become stuck in a rut. Of course not everyone can be chased around the city to spice up their relationship, but it was nice to have a little something extra in the movie.

It would have been easy for this story line to be uninteresting. However, the chemistry between Carell and Fey make it enjoyable. They wouldn’t be the first two people to pop into mind when thinking about an action movie, but they work in that department as well.

I highly recommend this movie. The plot is easy on the mind and the comedy isn’t too forced.

And my final advice is not to get up too quickly to run to the restroom when the credits start rolling. Some of the funniest moments are in the bloopers.