Dustin Blasingame

Dr. Brian Winnie, director of choral activities and voice, is in the music department and specializes in the choral arts. His doctorate is in choral conducting. Dr. Winnie also has a bachelors and masters in music education.

Now Brian isn’t from around here. He moved here from New Milford Pennsylvania. He left all of his family there in Penn. so he could come here to Southwestern to teach. Dr. Winnie said the reason why he wanted to come to Southwestern is because the staff is very inviting and friendly and because there is more one on one time with students. This isn’t his first teaching job. He taught high school at Hope Well Valley High for seven years and, also taught at the University of Washington Tacoma for three years.

Dr. Winnie’s accolades are very impressive. He was awarded the 2008 outstanding young conductor award and was nominated for the excellence in teaching at the University of Washington. In 2010 he won teacher of the year at Hope Well Valley High. He now plans on using those awards and his prior knowledge in the musical field to help the students in the fine arts courses to success.

Dustin Blasingame is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email him at Dustin.Blasingame@sckans.edu.