Sports editor

The Lady Builders faced Washburn University Lady Blues from the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II and fell short by 40 points. The final score was 92-52.

Zefiryn Bryan, junior forward, led the scoreboard with nine points. Courtney Watson, junior forward, Kaitlin Tennyson, junior guard, and Trinicia Shaffer, junior guard, followed with eight points each.

The Lady Blues scored the first two points of the game. First half ended with the Lady Blues up in the scoreboard by 17 points.

Five minutes before the final whistle, the Lady Blues were far ahead from the Lady Builders, 78-42. The Lady Builders scored six consecutive points to put the score 78-48.

The team ended with 20 field goals out of 75 shots, and 26 percent of three-point-field goals. The Lady Blues ended the game with 45 percent of field goals, and 15 turnovers against 13 from the Lady Builders.

This places both teams at 2-4 in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.

After this, the Lady Builders will prepare to face Baker University on Nov. 20 at Stewart Field House. Baker’s Lady Wildcats will arrive with a 4-2 record in the NAIA. Tip off starts at 8 p.m.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.