By Scott Olney

Builder football held their own on Halloween losing against Ottawa 17-0. With a great deal of determination from the Builder defense, they were able to hold off the high powered Ottawa offense from racking up their usual high score.

In fact the defense kept Ottawa scoreless until they finally kicked a field goal in the second quarter. However, the Builder offense could not hold up their end of the bargain unable to make it onto the scoreboard.

The game went to intermission at 3-0 Ottawa. It seemed the Builder defense was not going to let up their defensive battle until Ottawa took advantage of a muffed punt in the third quarter. Ottawa then scored their first touchdown of the game with great field position and a 17 yard touchdown pass.

Scoring a 28 yard rushing touchdown in the final seconds of the game, the Braves locked in the final score of 17-0 over the Builders.

The Builder offense was only able to accumulate 95 yards of offense of the day. This lose drops them to an overall record of 2-7.

They will host the Saint Mary Spires for senior day on Saturday Nov 7 at 1:30p.m. at Jantz Stadium .

Scott Olney is a freshmen majoring in computer science. You can email him at scott.olney@sckans.edu