By Maggie Dunning

An agent from the drug enforcement agency visited Southwestern at 1 p.m. to give a presentation on law enforcement.

18 students and three faculty members attended the DEA presentation in Mossman 101. The presentation was co-sponsored by SAAB B2B and the Criminal Justice Department.

Special agent Zac Cherrington gave the presentation. He has a bachelor’s in criminal justice, a master’s in public affairs and 11 years’ experience working for the DEA.

He currently works for the DEA agency located in Wichita.

He began the presentation with a brief history about his time in law enforcement and moved on to answer any questions students had.

During the question and answer session, a range of questions were asked by students. The questions posed by students included what the hardest part of his DEA training was, how many woman the DEA employed and what internship opportunities are offered by the DEA.

Cherrington used his own experiences in law enforcement and his knowledge of the differences of local and federal law enforcement to answer.

When asked what the most satisfying part of his career was, Cherrington said, “Once in a great while, you realize you make a difference.”

Maggie Dunning is a communication freshman. You may e-mail her at margaret.dunning@sckans.edu.