By Kyle Killgore
Staff Reporter

Kansas Wesleyan handed the Builders their second road loss in a row. The Coyotes defeated the Builders 88-79 in the Mabee arena.

The Builders led the entire first half and were winning at the break 33-29, but fell behind early in the second half. Southwestern was able to tie the game back up at the 13:13 mark in the second half, but they were not able to stop the Coyotes from scoring.

Kansas Wesleyan scored 59 points in the second half. Matt O’Brien, head men’s basketball coach, did not seem happy about the defensive performance of his team. “We got to do better defensively. We have to take a good look at our defense we have to be better,” said O’Brien in a post-game interview on KSWC.

Cameron Clark, freshman forward, finished the night with a double-double with 14 points and 14 rebounds. William Tisdale, sophomore guard, led the scoring for the Builders with 17 points.  Taylor Johnson, freshman guard, finished the night with 16 points.

The Builders will be back at home Saturday to play host to Sterling College. The Warriors beat Southwestern in the previous meeting on Dec. 6, 74-83.

“We’ve got our hands full,” said O’Brien. “We’re playing a very good team Saturday. If we play the way we did tonight defensively, we don’t have a very good chance.”

Kyle Killgore is a junior majoring in communications. You may email him at kyle.killgore@sckans.edu.