By Kyle Hernandez

A Cowley County Commission meeting was called to order on Tuesday November 18th 2014 at 6 p.m. Among those present were the district 3 commissioner, Alan Groom, District 2 commissioner, Gary Wilson, District 1 commissioner, Wayne Wilt and Beth Wilke.

Beth Wilke discussed the purchase of a new skills testing software for dispatchers in the area in which will help them determine a new way to do the job. Gary Wilson discussed that it was a good idea.

The idea to reappoint two CDDO Advisory Board members was briefly discussed.

Alan Groom discussed the employee FY2015 holiday schedule. It decided whether or not employees will work on Columbus Day and instead they will get four extra vacation days during Christmas. It was decided that employees would get the four day vacation extension. Wayne Wilt seconded the motion.

Wayne Wilt explained new meeting times and dates of the Cowley County Commission.

Gary Wilson requested that Karen Rush be appointed to the South Central Kansas Area Agency on Aging, Board of Directors. Groom seconded the motion.

Abatement requests were dismissed upon the absence of Cowley County Clerk, Karen Madison.

The supplemental payment of $30,000 to the Cowley County Council in assistance of unpaid bills and other cash issues were gone over very thoroughly. The $30,000 will be help the council for the remainder of 2014 getting them out of the hole. It was not the first time that this has happened.

All items of business were approved. The meeting was adjourned at 7p.m.

Kyle Hernandez is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at kyle.hernandez@sckans.edu.