ABOVE: The intersection of 9th and College is closed construction on K-15. Construction is expected to go through the summer. (Daegiona Wilson, Staff photographer)

By RJay McCoy

The intersection of College St. and 9th Ave. has been closed due to a three-part road construction plan that should take seven months in total to complete.

The goal is to remove and replace the half mile of US Highway 60 better known as 9th Ave to Wheat.

For students this is a problem as they have to detour around the intersection causing them to take longer to get to their destination.

Taggart Wall, city manger, gives an outlook of how construction will go.

“We anticipate the intersection being done by the time the fall semester starts. Although it is an inconvenience now it will make a better driving experience for the community,” said Wall.

Students gave their feedback regarding the recent closing of the intersection.

“I felt the construction was an inconvenience for everyone. The road is literally fine and didn’t need to repaired in that specific spot,” said Emerald Ashlock, business administration senior.

Dylan Navarette, business junior, said, “It’s unfortunate there’s a detour at the part of the road just before it starts to get bumpy, getting to class is a little bit harder as I have to account for two more minute when leaving.”

Students will have to worry about construction through the summer months until everyone gets back for the fall.