By Maggie Dunning

Caucasian male 5’5 to 5’10, with shaggy, dirty blond hair, was the latest vague description Cole Hall residents were able to give to the police. It was a description of the flasher that has been exposing himself to Cole residents this school year.

Sarah Hallinan, director of resident life, said, “He doesn’t appear to be a college aged student.”

The most recent flashing happened this Tuesday between 11 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Ricki Dillard a psychology freshman reported the crime to the police.

Dillard said the man flashed her and touched himself, while she was on the phone with her mother, looking out of a third floor window.

“I ran to get Jenn then I called my mom back and she called the police,” said Dillard.

This has not been the first report made to the police.

Cayla McCullough a marine biology sophomore made a police report last fall. She believes that the man who flashed Dillard flashed her.

“It freaks me out. I don’t park behind Cole anymore,” said McCullough.

Hopefully the new security measures being installed to help the police catch the culprit will put McCullough back at ease.

McCullough said, “I’m glad they are doing it. I am especially glad they got the front door fixed.”

Even with the new security in place, female students are encouraged to trust their gut instinct. If they spot anyone who doesn’t seem to belong they need to call security.

If students do spot the flasher they should immediately call the police, then security, because the police are better equipped to deal with this type of situation.

Hallinan said, “Safety is our number one concern. I would really like to catch the person who did this and prevent any other individual who thinks they can do this.”

Maggie Dunning is a freshman majoring in communcation. you may e-mail her at margaret.dunning@sckans.edu.