Ethan Randolph, senior forward, looks to pass Thursday night against the University of Saint Mary Spires. Randolph put up 16 points as the Builders snatched the win 69-63. (Clinton Dick/Collegian photographer)

Koury Clayton, junior forward, scored 18 points and had nine rebounds as the Builders outlasted the University of Saint Mary Spires Thursday in Stewart Field House 69-63.

The Builders trailed for most of the game until Clayton hit a shot that put the team up 64-61. The win not only knocks off the 25th ranked team in the nation, but improved the Builder’s record to 11-2 overall and 2-1 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference.

Southwestern battled back from a 33-28 deficit at halftime, in which they shot just 35.7 percent from the field.

The second half was a different story. The Builders hit 58.3 percent of their shots in the second half. The team also outscored the Spires 19-8 in second chance points and won the rebounding battled 42-31.

Ethan Randolph, senior forward, continued his successful season by putting up 16 points, followed by R.J. Jarrett, senior forward, and Jared Irvin, senior guard, who finished with 10.

The team’s next game tips off at 7 p.m. Saturday at Friends University in Wichita.

Clinton Dick is a junior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@skcans.edu.