Sports editor

Eleven weeks after competition in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference started, the Moundbuilders are represented in the Player of the Week award. Cameron Clark, freshman forward, received the mention Feb 4. He has played 25 games with the Moundbuilders this season.

The 6-foot-3 forward from Lewisville, Texas, obtained the recognition following his efforts against McPherson and Bethany. Clark averaged 20.5 points and 11 rebounds in the conference games versus the Bulldogs and the Swedes.

Against the McPherson Bulldogs, Clark had 13 points, and nine rebounds. The Moundbuilders ended losing the game 80-64.

Clark was a key player in the Moundbuilders’ overtime victory against the Swedes on Feb 2. He helped his team crawl out of a five-consecutive losing game streak. Clark obtained his career-high coming out the bench and marking double figures. He recorded 28 points, 13 rebounds, three steals, two assists, and a single block.

The freshman forward finished the week with 41 points and 22 rebounds.

Clark leads all KCAC rebounders with 230, 9.10 percent per game. He is standing fifth in the top scorers with 353 points.

Clark will continue guiding the Moundbuilders on a straight path Feb. 7 when they host Tabor at Stewart Field House. The Moundbuilders stand 6-8 in the conference and 15-10 overall.

Angel Vadillo is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.