By Nick Hofmeister

“’Chicago’ really gives you a slice of the crazy life of people in metropolitan America during the time of prohibition,” said Allyson Moon, associate professor of theatre. Auditions for the show will be Jan. 12 and 13 at 8:30 p.m. in Messenger Recital Hall. Students who want to audition can check out a copy of the script from Lou Tharp, faculty assistant, in the performing arts office.

On Jan. 11 at 6:30 p.m. there will be a read-through of the musical so that students who want to audition can get a better feel for how it will go.

Roger Moon, associate professor of theater wants students who are interested in being in the play to not be intimidated by the audition process. “We want the people who have not done it before, who want to take this chance, who want to try, to not be scared off by the auditions. Auditions are probably the scariest part of the whole process,” said Roger.

There are lots of different ways that the cast can be configured. “The actual number of actors the show requires is only about 20,” said Roger. The musical can be cast for several more people though. “It could go as large as 30, or perhaps even larger if we separate some of those roles,” said Roger.

Susan Camp, dance instructor, will be directing the choreography for the musical.
The musical will be performed March 3, 4, and 5 in Messenger Recital Hall and is being directed by Allyson Moon.

Students who have questions about the auditions or would like more information about the musical may contact Roger or Allyson Moon.

Nick Hofmeister is a junior majoring in new media. You may e-mail him at nick.hofmeister@sckans.edu.