The cast for the Homecoming show, Bertolt Brecht’s “The Good Woman of Setzuan” has been announced.

The show will be directed by Allyson Moon, associate professor of theatre, and performed Homecoming weekend, Oct. 10, 11, and 13.

Moon said, hope is the theme all across campus this year.

“To give everyone a demonstration of just how powerful hope can be – hope for a better life, hope in humanity, hope in love – the theatre department will present a Homecoming show with a central theme of hope, Bertolt Brecht’s ‘The Good Woman of Setzuan.’”

“The Good Woman of Setzuan” is a story of a young woman, Shen Te, played by Mariah Warren, musical theatre junior.

Throughout the play, Shen Te struggles with the difficult choices that must be made in life and love while trying to maintain what it means to be a good person.

Warren is supported in the show by an ensemble cast who will play multiple characters in the show.

The ensemble cast includes Joey Tran, music senior, Shane Schrag, theatre and accounting junior, Jordon Snow, musical theatre junior, Allie Petrovich, biology freshman, Emily Tilton music sophomore, Kateland Litchfield, musical theatre freshman and Juliette Lowrance, theatre tech senior.

The show will be presented in Messenger Recital Hall in Darbeth Fine Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Oct. 10; at 8 p.m., Oct. 11; and at 2 p.m., on Oct. 13.

For tickets or more information, call the box office at (620) 221-7720 or (620) 229-6171. Information is also available on the theatre webpage, www.sckans.edu/theatre.