Midterms are safely behind us and Thanksgiving is right around the corner, but the time in between is filled with assignments, exams, and stress. Some are already dreading finals and Christmas break. But, before you go crazy thinking about everything you have to do, know that there is some fun looming in your future.

Casino Night is coming to you live from the cafeteria this Wednesday. Blackjack, slot machines, and the chance to win big are back.

This year, there will be not only five big prizes, but also 10 small ones. The big prizes will range from $50 dollars to the Moundbuilder Market or Java Jinx to an iPod. The small prizes will be less expensive and might include two DVDs and a bag of popcorn.

The same company is being used this year for the third time in a row. And as usual, the dealers will be Southwestern College alumni and faculty. “It’s a time to relax and forget everything,” said Erin Morton, elementary education sophomore.

This year’s theme is Atlantic City and you are free to dress for the occasion. If you’re not comfortable with that, you can come as you are.

April Middleton, elementary education freshman, said, “I’m going because I’ve been to casinos before, but I’ve always lost money. So this is my chance to go with no chance of me losing.”

Chandler Kirkhart, business junior, went last year. “You’re going to have a good time, I bet my bottom dollar,” he said.

So if you’re even considering it, Morton said, “Just go. Don’t talk about it, just go.”

Casino Night will begin at 8 p.m. on Nov. 10.

Erin Morris is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at erin.morris@sckans.edu.