By Mallory Graves

With the COVID-19 cases rising in Cowley County, things have started shutting down abruptly in the community and campus.

The admissions office, the registrar’s office, financial aid, student accounts, and the mailroom have all closed. The Java Jinx, Stir and Bustle and the cafeteria are all still serving food, but it is for take-out only. There is no seating available in the cafeteria or the Java Jinx through Thanksgiving.

Katie Gomez, admissions office managers and campus visit coordinator said, “Admissions was notified that our office came into contact with an individual that tested positive for COVID. Out of an abundance of caution, the admissions team decided to work remotely until November 17 pending negative test results.”

Dan Falk, dean of students said, “Due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases in the state, Cowley County, and here on campus, the dining hall and Java Jinx will transition to carry-out only for breakfast, lunch, and dinner service.”

Students can still receive help from any of the offices that have closed from the staff and faculty because they are working from home. Many professors are meeting via zoom or contacting their students through email, text or facetime calls.

Alissa Sheppard, student success advisor said, “I am still meeting with my students via zoom or facetime, I try to do whatever is convenient for the student.”