Tim Miser, senior guard, attempts a lay up during the Men's basketball game agaisnt McPherson, Saturday evening in Stewart Field House.

Tim Miser, senior guard, attempts a lay up during the Men's basketball game agaisnt McPherson, Saturday evening in Stewart Field House. Samantha Gillis/Collegian photographer

With their fourth loss in their last five games, the men dropped into a fourth place tie in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference on Saturday.  They are now 11-13 overall and 7-7 in the KCAC after a 67-56 loss to the McPherson Bulldogs.

The Builders struggled in the early going, allowing the Bulldogs a 19-8 lead with 8:41 remaining in the half. A 14-6 Builder run cut the lead to three, but McPherson scored the final four points of the half to take a 29-22 lead going into the locker rooms.

The Bulldogs outshot the Builders in the first half, hitting 42.9 percent of their shots compared to 28.6 percent. Southwestern was also outrebounded 29-11 by McPherson. Marcus Batiste, senior forward, had nine points in the first half to lead the Builders.

The men fought back to knot up the score at 45 with 7:25 remaining in regulation. Then, the Bulldogs went on an 11-4 run to close out the final four minutes and locked up a 67-56 victory.

The Builders had 15 points off of turnovers and 17 fast break points. They only shot 25 percent from beyond the arch and were outrebounded 49-22. Justin Diggles, senior guard, led in scoring with 14 points and in rebounding with six.

The men’s next game is at 8 p.m. Feb. 11 against the Ottawa Braves in Stewart Field House.

Clint is a freshman majoring in convergent journalism.  You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.