The Builders stand fifth in conference play after falling 10 points short to McPherson on Feb. 14. Southwestern started in a good position after scoring the first basket of the game, but a quick response from McPherson showed the Bulldogs’ full power.

From there on, the Bulldogs dominated and controlled the entire game. Southwestern always trailed and it was a 23 point game to one point. Southwestern fought and tried to diminish the difference and almost accomplished it. The Builders brought back the game to seven points during the second half. But Cameron Clark, junior forward, received two technical fouls in the same play and was ejected from the game. Up to that point, Clark had contributed with 21 points and five rebounds.

The Builders tried to recover their morale and momentum after Clark’s ejection, but it was nearly impossible. The team ended up losing 91-81.

Southwestern shot 54 percent field goals and 35 percent from long range. Landers Riddle, senior forward, led the Builder scoreboard with 22 points. Luke Nespor, sophomore center, recorded eight boards, and William Tisdale, senior forward, had three assists.

The Builders stand fifth in conference. They will receive second-to-last place Bethel on Feb.19 at 8 p.m. in Stewart Field House for senior night.

Angel Vadillo is a senior majoring in communication. You may email him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.