Chris Nelson, senior forward, guards the ball against the Falcons Thursday at Stewart Field House. The Builders lost 79-59 to the Falcons (Erica Dunigan/Collegian photographer).

Missed shots and mistakes cost the 23rd ranked Builders a win Thursday night. As the last buzzer went off, the crowd silenced as the Builders fell to Friends University 79-59.

The first half started out rough for the Builders and continued that way throughout the rest of the game. The Builders made only one three-point basket and shot 40 percent from the field, hitting 12 of 30 field goals.

The Falcons were a powerhouse, putting up six three-point shots and shooting 60 percent from the field. The Builders entered the locker room 15 points behind the Falcons, 41-26.

Matt O’Brien, head men’s basketball coach said, “As a team it was not a good effort, we were not getting the ball in the basket and not making layups.”

In the second half the Builders tried to make a comeback, but the Falcons stayed consistent. The Builders made 33 points and shot 38 percent from the field, hitting 13 of 34 shots. The Builders held the Falcons to 47 percent shooting from the field, 10 of 21 field goals,

As a team the Builders struggled with turnovers, committing 19.

Ethan Randolph, senior forward, led the team with 25 points. Randolph hit 11 of 14 from the field. Chris Nelson, senior forward, made 16 points and shot seven of 13 from the field.

The Builders have lost three of their last four games, falling to the third spot in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. As a team they have a record of 19-5 overall and 9-4 in conference play.

“We need to focus on what we’re doing first and stay positive,” said O’Brien. “We’re a good team and I know we can bounce back.”

The Builders will take on a tough challenge, as they travel to McPherson to take on the fourth ranked Bulldogs, who are 22-3 overall and 11-2 in conference play. The game tips off at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Erica Dunigan is a senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail her at erica.dunigan@sckans.edu.