Bryan Lipsey, sophomore guard, finished with 18 points. Lipsey scored six out of eight three-point shots and six of 10 from the paint. (Angel Vadillo/Collegian photographer)

The Builders grabbed their second back-to-back victory against Bethany 84-80 Thursday night. The Swedes arrived to Winfield receiving votes for the national poll and tied for the first place in the conference standing 10-2.

The Swedes scored the first point of the game, but the Builders quickly reacted and jumped back in the scoreboard. From there on, the Moundbuilders were on top of the Swedes.

Southwestern finished the first half up 44-40.

During the second half, the Builders were stopped and scored four points less than the first half.  This did not stop Southwestern to come out with the victory.

The largest lead of the night was by eight points.

William Tisdale, junior guard, was the top scorer for the night with 20 points. Tisdale and Cameron Clark, sophomore forward, rebounded the most with 11 boards. Alex Tyler, senior guard, lead in assists with six.

Overall, the Moundbuilders shot 47 percent from both the paint and long range and 83 percent from the free throw line.

With this win added to their record, the Builders stand 5-8 in the KCAC jumping to the seventh spot in the conference.

The team will travel to North Newton to face Bethel Treshers on Feb. 8. The Threshers stand last place in the conference being wining-less and having a record of 22 straight losses.

Angel Vadillo is a junior majoring in communication. You may contact him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu