After winning against Sterling Jan. 26, the men’s basketball team headed for their next game at the University of Saint Mary. The Spires had a record of 16-4 overall and 8-3 in the Kansas Athletic Collegiate Conference coming into the game. They are third place in the conference, just under the Builders (2) and McPherson (1).

The Builders fell 66-62. The first half ended with the clock showing the score of 29-28, the Builders down. As the second half started, the Builders went out trying to improve and get out with the victory.

Tyler Shirley, sophomore guard said, “It always seems a litter tougher playing on the road than at home. Obviously we do not have our home crowd there to support us and we have to provide our own energy. Our teams focus and energy are big keys to winning on the road.”

In the second half the Builders score 34 points and University of Saint Mary scored 37 points. This made the final score to be 66-62.

The Builders attempted 51 field goals and made 20, and from the three-point line they attempted 12 and made three. The Builders also shoot 30 times from the free-throw line only making 19 baskets. They finished with 15 turnovers and 39 rebounds.

Saint Mary finished scoring 20 out of 51 field goals, and seven out of 25 three-point shot attempts. Jordan Wilcox was the top scorer for the Spires with 16 points.

Michael Morales, junior forward, said, “We want to be the best by working hard. We try to become a family.”

This game leaves the Builders with the record of 19-4overall and 9-3 in the Kansas Athletic Collegiate Conference. The Builders will face the Falcons from Friends University on Feb. 2 at Stewart Field House.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.