Editor in Chief

Despite struggling offensively in the first half, the Lady Builders shot 40 percent from the field in the second half of Thursday night’s game in Ottawa to win 59-54. The game ends a three-game road streak for the team, where they won two out of three games.

The Lady Braves finished off a low scoring first half on an 8-2 run to put them up 26-23 at the break. The Lady Builders shot just 25 percent from the field in the first half and 21 percent from beyond the arc.

The team found their stroke offensively in the second half, outscoring the Lady Braves 36-28. Kaitlin Tennyson, junior guard, hit a three point basket inside eight minutes to play to put her team up 43-38. They never relinquished that lead.

Ottawa’s Shauna McClure, junior guard, led all scorers with 19 points. Zefiryn Bryan, junior forward, led the way for the Builders with 12 points, 10 of which she scored in the first half. Bryan also had eight of the Builder’s 50 rebounds.

The win improves the Lady Builder’s record to 11-5 overall and 6-1 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference. They stay one game behind the conference leader Tabor.

Southwestern returns home Saturday to face off against Bethel College. The game tips off at 5 p.m. in Stewart Field House.

Clinton Dick is senior majoring in convergent journalism. You may e-mail him at clinton.dick@sckans.edu.