By Caitlin Dyck

Going into their last game of the season, the Moundbuilder football team showed determination and spirit against the Bethany Swedes, winning 38-30. “The kids were really loose, playing without worry for the first time. They kept it physical and focused on having fun,” said Andrew Kraus, defensive back coach.

With a record of 2-6 in conference play going in to their last game, the Builders had nothing to lose with some players playing the last game of their career. Terrence Royals, senior cornerback, said, “We finished today. Most of the time we come out and start really well or end really well, but today we did both. We had nothing to lose and it showed. We played hard.”

The Builders finished with a record of 3-6 in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference and 4-7 overall. Losing thirteen seniors this year and having had many injuries throughout the season, the team still persevered through the struggles that they are faced with. “It was our last game, our last home game, and our teammates wanted to send us out the right way. We were focused on playing to get a ‘W’ today and we did it right,” said Abe Fall, senior tight end.

Caitlin Dyck is a senior majoring in general communication. You may e-mail her at caitlin.dyck@sckans.edu.