By Bailey VenJohn
Collegian photographer

By Jonahs Joudrey

A huge first half scoring streak propelled Southwestern Builder men to their 94-53 win over Manhattan Christian Thunder Wednesday night. The Builders expanded their regular conference record to 8-0.

Stewart Field House roared as the final seconds ticked in the first half. Tyler Stafford, sophomore forward, put up a three at the two second mark. The ball bounced high and rolled in but the referees called it no good.

“I thought it was good. My teammates all thought it was good but they said it was a tip in,” said Stafford.

Southwestern led 50-17 at the half despite the basket.

The overall effort impressed Matt O’Brien, head basketball coach. O’Brien said, “We played good defense. We were engaged and we did a good job pressing the basketball.”

“A lot of people were involved in the win here tonight. I thought William Tisdale got off to a pretty good start, but everyone played their part,” said O’Brien.

“Southwestern took good shots and attacked the rim well. They took advantage of open shots and ran the floor well, too,” said Logan Bevis, history sophomore.

The lopsided score allowed O’Brien to play his whole bench. Each player got playing time. “Lots of guys were getting playing time. It’s always fun when everyone gets to play,” said O’Brien,

Friday Southwestern travels to Oklahoma City for an exhibition game against the NCAA Div. II Oklahoma Christian University Eagles. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.

Jonahs Joudrey is a junior majoring in communication. You may email him at jonahs.joudrey@sckans.edu.