Looking forward to get up in the rankings and continuing with a winning record of 3 consecutive victories, the men’s basketball team headed to Ottawa University to play against the Braves. The game seemed to be a good one as the nationally ranked Moundbuilders, ranked 16, wanted to take down the Braves. The Builders got to this game with a record of 15-2 and 5-1 in the KCAC conference. The Builders won in overtime by 91-86.

“It was a very tough game. It is always positive when you can to win on the road,” said Matt O’Brien, Men’s Basketball Head Coach.”We need to work on post defense.”

The starting five men for the Builders started up strong and playing at a fast paced game. The game went to halftime with the Builders up in the score by 40-33. James Davis, senior guard, was the top scorer for the Builders with 25 points. Seven minutes into the second half, the Builders confirmed who wanted to get out with the victory; they were up in the scoreboard by two points 51-49.

Alex Tyler, sophomore guard, said, “We have been running the whole year, so when we went to overtime we tried to over-run our opponents.”

The Braves took the lead when the clock marked 3:44 by 70-68. The Builders never gave up as they continued pushing it forward and the game was finally tied. The game went to overtime were the Builders did their best and get out with a victory of 91-86. This makes their record to be 16-2 overall and 6-1 in the KCAC conference.

“Think we are a pretty good team. We have a chance of winning conference and doing a good job in the national tournament,” said Koury Clayton, junior forward. The Builders will hit the road to face Bethany College Jan. 14.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.