Marcus Batista, senior foward, looks for a pass against a Bluejay opponent. Photo by Samantha Gillis.

After two straight wins, the Builders take on the Kansas Wesleyan Coyotes at 8 p.m. Thursday at Stewart Field House. The Coyotes come into the game tied for sixth place in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference with an overall record of 6-11, and a 3-5 conference record. They have won their last three games, including a 53-42 win over Bethel College on Jan. 16.

The Coyotes have the second ranked scoring defense in the KCAC, allowing 68.35 points per game. They are also third in the league in blocks per game averaging 3.41 blocks. Matthew Dickman, junior guard, leads the Coyotes in scoring, averaging 12.59 points per game and hitting 38 percent of his shots on the season.

The Builders come into the game placed third in the KCAC with an overall record of 9-9, and a conference record of 5-3. They are ranked fourth in the conference in scoring, averaging 72.41 points per game, and second in turnover margin, with a plus 3.12 turnover margin.

Justin Diggles, senior guard, leads the Builders in scoring, averaging 15.29 points per game. Diggles has also hit 57.3 percent of his shots on the season. Marcus Batiste, senior forward, follows with 13.41 points per game and also leads the Builders with five rebounds per game.

The Builders won their second straight game Jan. 16 when they took out the Bethany College Swedes 77-76 in Lindsborg.
The Builders opened up by scoring the first six points, but the Swedes answered by going on an 8-0 run. Both teams shifted momentum throughout the rest of the first half and with 1:12 left in the half the Builders found themselves down 36-30. Diggles would go on to score the final five points of the half, capping off a 9-0 Builder run to narrow the deficit to 36-35 going into the locker rooms.

The Builders went into halftime shooting 48 percent from the field, while Bethany shot 50 percent. The Swedes also outrebounded the Builders 18-13 in the first half.

The game remained close and competitive right up to the final seconds of the game as the Builders found themselves down 76-75 with 16 seconds left in regulation. Diggles proceeded to drive to the basked and put up a shot. His shot was off target, but Diggles rebounded his own miss and put it up and in to give the Builders the edge with four seconds left. He went on to make a huge defensive play on the next possession, swatting the ball out of the hands of C.J. Littlejohn, Bethany senior guard, to secure the win for the Builders.