The volleyball team headed to Bethany College Nov.2.  The Swedes came into this game with a 2-24 overall record and a 1-17 record in Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference play. The Lady Builders were 3-24 overall and 1-16 in the conference.

“We did an awesome job,” Kindell Copeland, senior setter, said. “The season has made us closer as friends and as a team.”

This game seemed to be attractive because both teams got there wanting to win. However, only one team could get out with the victory. Luckily, the Lady Builders came off of the Swedes home court with the victory.

The victory was accomplished over five long sets. “We prepared for this game mentally, focusing on things needed to be done and improved,” said Tiffany Richter, freshman offensive hitter.

The first set ended in a 27-25 victory for the Lady Builders, the second set finished 25-16, again in favor of SC. The third set was lost 25-22 and continuing battling hard, the Swedes got the victory on the fourth set 25-20. The last set was a hard fight, and the Lady Builders achieved a 15-10 victory.

Ashley Bruno, freshman defensive specialist, said, “We played harder on the fifth set because of the fact that we knew we had it in us. We just had to dig deep down inside and find that fire in us.”

This victory makes the Lady Builders 3-24 overall and 2-16 in the conference. The volleyball team will be playing again at 1 p.m. Nov. 5 at the University of St. Mary.

Angel Vadillo is a freshman majoring in communication. You may e-mail him at angel.vadillo@sckans.edu.