By Maggie Dunning

The Lady Builders in their home game on Oct. 1  ended up losing to Ottawa in three sets. The sets scores were: 15-25,18-25,16-25.

Although this is the Lady Builders thirteenth loss of the season the team hasn’t given up hope.

Kaitlynn Fears, junior defensive specialist, said, “When we get our momentum going our hitters can hit the ball down. That’s the best feeling.”

Abby Warnke, freshman middle, said, “I think we had a couple of good rallies where the potential really showed.”

The players had this to say about their losses tonight.

Fears said, “We came out slow, so we dug ourselves a hole. We couldn’t dig ourselves back out.”

Warnke said, “I think we’ve had better games. Not to say how we play together is the issue. We just weren’t meshing tonight.”

Fears said that Ottawa was a good team for the Lady Builders to play because Ottawa is one of the best in the conference.

She also said, “It was nice to play them to see what they have and to show them what we have.”

Warnke said, “Of course we have our down parts of the game, but there’s always one person there that knows how to make you feel better. It’s all about being good team mates.”

Their next two games are on Oct. 5 in Leavenworth at Saint Mary at noon and Missouri Valley at 2 p.m.

Maggie Dunning is a sophomore majoring in communication. You may email her at margaret.dunning@sckans.edu.