By Bailey VenJohn

Southwestern softball made the trip to Oklahoma this weekend to play double headers on Friday and Saturday.

Oklahoma Baptist was the opponent for the first round of games. The Builders recorded two marks in the loss column Friday afternoon. The first game ended 11-2 and the second 8-0.

“Overall we didn’t play to our potential and we didn’t perform at the plate or in the field” said Sarah Yzquierdo, senior second baseman.

Saturday brought the Builders to Bartlesville to take on the Eagles of Oklahoma Wesleyan University. Southwestern didn’t manage to come out on top recording two losses, the first 8-0 and the second 3-2.

Devan Howard, junior outfielder, said “The first game our defense was sporadic, the second game offense kept up but still needed to be better, our defense was better though.”

The Builders were thrown a curveball when sophomore first baseman, Audrey Vorderlandwehr, wasn’t able to make the trip to Oklahoma due to sickness. Mandy Watson a junior that usually plays catcher or Sarah Yzquierdo, typical second baseman, were forced to play first.

Alexis Del Toro, freshman pitcher, said “Everybody on the team knows how to play every position so it didn’t make much of a difference, it would have been nice to have her though, she brings a lot to the team and provides energy.”

Southwestern gets one day off before they hit the road again, this time to McPherson for a double header against Central Christian.

The Tigers current record is 4-6 while the Builders have three wins and eight losses.

Bailey VenJohn is a freshman majoring in communication. You may email her at bailey.venjohn@sckans.edu.