Alejandra Rojas

The Moundbuilder men’s soccer team was unsuccessful in getting a goal in Tuesday’s match up against Central Christian College. The tigers defeated the Builders 2-0. Overall the Builders are 4-5 in non-conference play.

Scott Rethorst, senior defender said losing against the tigers was a tough loss.

“We didn’t play possession, just longs balls,” said Rethorst. “We didn’t play our style. We played more to their style.”

Miguel Rodriguez, sophomore defender said in order to have been successful was to play from the back sooner.

“We didn’t play our game,” said Rodriquez. “And they took it from us. Keeping Possession could have been better as well as better decisions.”

Karlo Sanchez, freshman forward also said better possession and ball movement would have helped the Builders find success.

“We should have done better. We are too good to plat this bad,” said Sanchez. “We just needed better effort from everyone.”

The Builders will begin conference play Friday as they travel to Friends University.

“Friends is a tough team to open conference, they have always been a tough a team, but we just need to play our game,” said Rethrost.

Sanchez said to prepare against Friends is just a matter of working on playing hard.

“We need to work hard on playing our game and staying focused,” said Sanchez.

Alejandra Rojas is senior majoring in communication. You may e-mail her at alejandra.rojas@sckans.edu.